Upcoming Sermon Series
From Mid-November through December, we will have a morning sermon series on the Book of Leviticus.
Next Mercy Ministry Opportunity
• Saturday, November 17, 2018
• Food Ministry at the Peninsula Rescue Mission
• See Billy Briskey, Deacon of Mercy Ministry for more information
Special Eventing Worship
A Look at the Gospel and Sexual Brokenness
• Sunday, November 18, 2018 | 5pm Evening Worship Service
• John Freeman, the Founder of Harvest USA (a Reformed ministry to those struggling with sexual brokenness) will be preaching
One Day Seminar
Caring for One Another - A Member Care/Counseling Seminar with Dr. Joey Tomlinson
• Saturday, November 17, 2018 | 8:30 am to Noon
• Held at Grace Baptist Chapel
Weekly Catechism for 2018 (Heidelberg 1563): LORD’S DAY 44
113. What is required in the tenth commandment?
That not even the least inclination or thought against any of God’s commandments ever enter into our heart; but that, with our whole heart, we continually hate all sin, and take pleasure in all righteousness.
114. Can those who are converted to God keep these commandments perfectly?
No: but even the holiest men, while in this life, have only a small beginning of this obedience; yet so, that with earnest purpose they begin to live, not only according to some, but according to all the commandments of God.
115. Why then doth God so strictly enjoin upon us the ten commandments, since in this life no one can keep them?
First, that all our life long, we may learn more and more to know our sinful nature, and so the more earnestly seek forgiveness of sins and righteousness in Christ; secondly, that we may continually strive, and beg from God the grace of the Holy Ghost, so as to become more and more changed into the image of God, till we attain finally to full perfection after this life.